You can help to improve the welfare of calves reared for veal in a number of ways:
Top ways to help
- Ask your local restaurants, delis, and butchers to use only higher welfare veal that does not come from operations using veal crates.
- Only buy higher welfare, crate-free veal.
- Only buy milk and dairy products from producers that, if they sell their male calves for veal, only sell them to crate-free veal operations.
- Choose to Eat Plants for a Change or participate in meatless Mondays.
What else can be done?
- Donate to Compassion in World Farming and help support our campaigns.