There are several ways that you can help to improve the welfare of farmed pigs:
Top ways to help
- Buy pork, ham, bacon, and sausages that are certified to Global Animal Partnership (GAP) 5-Step standards (Step 3 or higher) or Animal Welfare Approved (AWA) standards.
- If you buy pork, ham, bacon, and sausages from pigs raised indoors, look for pigs raised in deep straw bedded systems.
- Speak to the manager of your local supermarket to request that they stock higher welfare pig products.
- Request higher welfare pork in restaurants.
- Choose to Eat Plants For a Change by participating in Meatless Mondays.
- Join Compassion in World Farming with a monthly gift or donation to support our work.