Chocolate Coconut Almond Energy Bites
Makes 16 energy bites (depending on size).
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
- 1-1/2 cup medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup raw almonds (plus more for filling)
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut (plus ¼ cup for rolling)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- Pinch salt
- 1 Tbsp water
- In a food processor, add dates, almonds, cocoa powder, coconut, coconut oil, and salt. Blend until almonds are in tiny pieces
- Add water if needed until mixture is sticky and pliable
- Form into 1 Tablespoon-sized balls. Insert almond into the center
- Roll in shredded coconut
- Keep leftovers in the fridge for up to 2 weeks
Make this recipe? Take a photo, use #EatPlantsForAChange, tag us @CompassionUSA, and we just might share it!
And don't forget to sign up to Eat plants. For a change. for more recipes like this one right to your inbox!