Southwestern Tofu Scramble Bowls
Serves 2-3 people.
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Cook Time: 10 minutes.
- 1 block Tofu- drained and pressed
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 Tablespoon nutritional yeast
- ¼ teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ Tablespoon vegan butter (such as Earth Balance)
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, sliced or diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Green onions, chopped
- Tortilla Strips
- Mix seasonings, set aside.
- Crumble pressed tofu with a fork in a bowl.
- Heat pan on medium heat. Add butter, onion, and bell pepper. Saute until onion is translucent.
- Add crumbled tofu, garlic, and seasonings, mix well.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve warm in bowl. Top with diced tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, green onions, and tortilla strips.
Make this recipe? Take a photo, use #EatPlantsForAChange, tag us @CompassionUSA, and we just might share it!
And don't forget to sign up to Eat plants. For a change. for more recipes like this one right to your inbox!