Spicy Miso Ramen
This recipe was originally created by Nadine Horn and Jörg Mayer and published on VegNews.
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 10½ ounces egg-free ramen noodles
- 2 carrots, peeled and shaved into thin strips
- 7 ounces firm tofu, cut into ¾-inch cubes
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 2 red jalapeños, finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon ground pink peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup yellow miso paste
- In a large pot over high heat, bring broth, soy sauce, and sesame oil to a boil. Add noodles and cook for 5 minutes, until just tender. Remove noodles with tongs and divide among four serving bowls, leaving broth at a boil.
- Add carrots, tofu, scallions, and bean sprouts to broth and boil for 3 minutes, until softened. Using a slotted spoon, remove from pot and divide among soup bowls.
- Add jalapeños, peppercorns, and pepper to broth. Bring to a rapid boil. Remove from heat and stir in miso. Divide broth among soup bowls and serve immediately.
Make this recipe? Take a photo, use #EatPlantsForAChange, tag us @CompassionUSA, and we just might share it!
And don't forget to sign up to Eat plants. For a change. for more recipes like this one right to your inbox!