Plant-Based Strawberry & Cream Cheesecake Bites
Makes 18 “cheesecake” bites.
Prep Time: 20 minutes.
Freeze Time: 2 hours.
- For the Crust:
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup dates soaked in water for 10 minutes (roughly 12 dates)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- For the Filling:
- 1 cup cashews soaked for at least 2 hours*
- ½ cup can coconut milk (put in fridge overnight before use**)
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil, slightly melted
- ¾-1 cup strawberries, diced (can you fresh or frozen)
- Add all ingredients for crust to a food processor. Process until mixture is like coarse crumbs
- Scoop out 1 teaspoon and place in mini cupcake tin. Using hands, press down. Set aside.
- Rinse out food processor and add all ingredients for filling minus the strawberries into the food processor. Process until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula if necessary.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon and place in mini cupcake tin over crust.
- Add strawberries to remaining filling and blend until smooth.
- Fill tops of cupcake tins with strawberry filling. Scrape top to even. Freeze for at least 2 hours until bites are firm.
- Remove from freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes before removing from tin. Store in airtight container in freezer.
* If you do not have time to let cashews soak, bring pot of water to boil and pour over glass of cashews. Let sit for at least 15 minutes
** When using the coconut milk, you are scooping the cream out of the can. When it is in the fridge, the cream separates from the liquid making it easy to get the cream.
Make this recipe? Take a photo, use #EatPlantsForAChange, tag us @CompassionUSA, and we just might share it!