There are a number of ways that you can help egg-laying hens.
Top ways to help
- Only buy certified, higher-welfare eggs like cage-free, free-range, or pasture-raised. Download our Compassionate Food Guide to find out which labels to look for!
- Choose food with plant based alternatives to eggs, like Just Mayo, Just Egg, or Just Cookies.
- Join Compassion in World Farming with a monthly gift or donation to support our work.
- Learn and spread the word about EggTrack designed to ensure food companies keep their commitments to go cage-free.
- Encourage friends and family to buy higher welfare eggs or to eat plants, for a change.
- Support retailers and food companies that stock higher welfare eggs.
- Contact your Senator or Representative and your local paper, radio, and TV station to explain why hens suffer in cages and how higher welfare farms offer hens a better quality of life.