Join our award winning team and help change billion of lives. Including yours.
Last Updated: March 26, 2019
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Position Location: Remote
Department: Compassion in World Farming US - Public Engagement
Manager: Digital Fundraising and Supporter Development Manager
Application deadline: April 26, 2019
Term: 12 month fixed term contract with possibility for renewal
The purpose of this role is to help end factory farming. The post holder will contribute by assisting with the US Individual Giving program, from donor acquisition to engagement and ongoing stewardship. This role is responsible for maximizing supporter lifetime value and increasing year on year net income from our digital fundraising and individual giving program in the USA.
POSITION IN ORGANIZATION
- Line managed by Digital Fundraising and Supporter Development Manager, works closely with all members of the US Public Engagement department
- Works in close liaison with the International Fundraising Team
- Works in close liaison with other public engagement teams in HQ like Digital, Communications, Campaigns, and Supporter Engagement.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assist as needed with implementing and improving digital fundraising campaigns to acquire, engage, cultivate, steward, and upgrade donors through all digital channels (email appeals, webpages, social media, mobile, online content monetization, and other creative outlets) with a goal of maximizing long-term revenue in line with the Global Fundraising Development plan
- Assist with developing and implementing donor stewardship strategy, including regular thank you acknowledgements and check-ins
- Coordinate creation and implementation of unique and inspiring ways to surprise, delight, and express gratitude to our supporters and donors
- Assist with developing and implementing a sustainer retention strategy to maintain a strong monthly donor program
- Assist with developing and implementing a donor reactivation strategy to engage any lapsing supporters
- Respond to public and supporter inquiries by phone, email, and, where appropriate, social media
- Manually record offline and non-automated donations
- Fulfill thank you acknowledgments for offline donors
- Assist in the implementation of special projects and new acquisition opportunities (such as a merchandise store, direct mail campaign, or text message campaign) when needed
- Work with Public Engagement team to ensure the digital fundraising journey is a positive user experience, and maintains the Compassion in World Farming brand.
- Be responsive to other needs as the Public Engagement department requires, such as storytelling via social media or blog channels
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Experience with managing marketing communications through digital channels e.g. social media, email, PPC or display media
- Strong communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders
- Happy to provide conscientious service to supporters, donors, and the general public
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to engage with various audiences
- Self-motivation with ability to work well independently and under pressure, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to our mission and vision to end factory farming
- Personal qualities should include:, team player, supportive, trustworthy, professional, organized, adaptable, compassionate to people and animals, forward thinking
- Experience with Salesforce and Content Management Systems preferred
CIWF offers a generous benefits package including 25 days vacation, ample sick leave, paid family and medical leave, flexible work schedules, healthcare reimbursement, and a 403(b) retirement plan, all in a respectful, vibrant and welcoming work environment.
CIWF is an equal opportunity employer, and supports the facilitation of diversity, representation, and inclusivity within the animal protection movement.
To apply, please answer the following questions and send along with your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Why do you want to work at CIWF?
2. What relevant experience do you have to succeed in this role?
3. To what do you attribute your past successes?
4. What are your salary expectations?