There are many ways that you can help to improve the welfare of broiler chickens:
Top ways to help
- Buy higher welfare chicken meat that meets Animal Welfare Approved, Global Animal Partnership, or Certified Humane standards. If these options are not available, buy USDA Organic or pasture-raised poultry.
- Request organic or pasture-raised poultry in restaurants.
- Speak to the manager of your local supermarket and request that they stock only higher welfare chicken.
- Choose to Eat Plants. For a Change. by opting for more plant-based options or participating in Meatless Mondays.
- Encourage friends and family to buy certified higher welfare, organic, or free-range chicken.
- Check the content of ready meals and chicken products. Buy products that contain free-range or organic chicken. Ask your local retailer to stock products containing higher welfare chicken.
- Contact your local newspaper, radio, and TV station and ask them to carry a feature on chicken welfare.
- Join Compassion in World Farming with a monthly gift or donation to support our work.
What else can be done?
- Find out more about the labels to look for when shopping for chicken.
- Join Compassion in World Farming with a monthly gift or donation to support our work..
- Support retailers and food companies that stock higher welfare chicken.