There are a number of ways that you can help egg-laying hens.
Top ways to help
- Only buy cage-free eggs, or eggs that meet animal welfare certification standards like Animal Welfare Approved and Certified Humane.
- Check the ingredients of prepared food containing eggs to make sure they either meet animal welfare certification standards, or are cage-free or free-range.
- Ask your local supermarket to stock only certified, cage-free, and free-range eggs.
- Choose food with plant based alternatives to eggs, like Just Mayo or Just Cookies.
- Join Compassion in World Farming with a monthly gift or donation to support our work.
- Learn and spread the word about EggTrack designed to ensure food companies keep their commitments to go cage-free.
- Encourage friends and family to buy higher welfare eggs or to eat plants, for a change.
- Support retailers and food companies that stock higher welfare eggs.
- Contact your Senator or Representative and your local paper, radio, and TV station to explain why hens suffer in cages and how higher welfare farms offer hens a better quality of life.
What else can be done?
- Find out more about the labels to look for when shopping for eggs.